Serves as a primary point of contact for all HR related needs for multiple assigned functional groups, and partners and advises groups on HR practices, policies, procedures, and programs to drive higher function performance. Partners with assigned functions to drive company programs and initiatives within assigned functions, and aligns HR functional support with client needs where gaps exists to help the function better perform by leveraging programs, tools and resources with associate relations, employee/labor relations, compensation, orientation and training, recruitment and on-boarding, safety and health, benefits, engagement, talent development and management.
• Provides coaching to client groups and leadership teams to drive open dialogue promoting development of leadership team.
• Partners with leadership team to identify pipeline of internal and external talent and successors through partnerships with recruitment and direct support to ensure proper fit and continuity of talent for key roles.
• Investigates associate complaints and concerns, or collaborates with Associate Relations to investigate and resolve external charges, audits and inquiries
• Analyzes HR statistics including turnover, associate/customer retention, and compliance and identifies strategies for improving or mitigating issues/trends.
• Collaborates with management to facilitate periodic talent reviews and workforce planning including associate development plans, JAS development, org design, performance management, and RIF planning.
• Attends department management and operations meetings or seminars
• Participates in corporate projects and teams to lead, create, drive or implement HR initiatives in assigned client group or across BSC.
• Drives HR compliance by advising management regarding company policies, procedures and employment laws and assisting with decisions which support positive employee relations
• Coordinates the annual performance review, merit process, and drives calibration discussions with client groups to drive rating consistency, objectivity and proper rating of talent.
• Facilitates HR-related training, coaching, mentorship, discussion-delivery, mediation as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field and 2-7 years of human resources generalist and/or employee/labor relations experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• 1-2 years of management experience required
• HR certification (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred
• Workforce reduction planning, execution required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Growth/Customer Focus – Strong, proven track record of internal client management
Get Results – High execution focus & proven ability to change direction without losing focus on execution and driving tasks to completion. Strong organizational and project management skills
• Champions Change – Ability to influence leadership within assigned groups to move forward with key initiatives
• Make People Better – Strong ability to identify key talent and drive critical development needs to build bench within areas of responsibility
• Judgment – Strong judgment
• Accountability – Strong organization and planning that facilitates a focus on execution of multiple client groups within an agreed upon service-level timeline
• Leadership Impact – Strong conflict management skills
• Functional/Technical Expertise –
• Knowledge of HR principles and practices.
• Strong associate relations background.
• 1-2 years in talent identification/recruitment a plus
• Communication – Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with strong communication skills at the executive leadership level. Ability to concisely craft a message based on key audience to deliver critical points, drive to conclusion, and move to key decision/outcome within strict timelines effectively.
• Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV) is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 company-owned, franchised and licensed locations. The company’s portfolio of well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control).
We serve residential and commercial customers through an employee base of approximately 13,000 company associates and a franchise network that independently employs an estimated 33,000 additional people. The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or facebook.com/ServiceMaster.