GLOBAL Automation Technologies
As a Paint/Sealer Process Engineer, you will design, test, and/or implement state-of-the art robotic painting/Sealing solutions for automotive, heavy truck, or Tier I suppliers. Your responsibilities include a combination of robot program design, robot programming, and spray application engineering.You will work with other members of the Process Engineering Group on projects involving the implementation of paint robot solutions at end-user facilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:1. Design and implement the robot processes and spray application parameter for installation in the end-user facility.2. Install, launch, and optimize the programs at customer sites.3. Develop robot programs offline using PaintPRO.4. Perform process system verification testing at modular build.5. To use offline simulation tools for system design or advanced robot programming.6. Perform spray testing in the laboratory to determine the optimal application settings.7. Provide project and customer troubleshooting and support to existing installations.8. Perform process engineering analysis and feasibility studies of paint automation equipment required for the release of customer quotations.9. Provide advanced process engineering support for difficult applications and field troubleshooting for identified process and application equipment problems.10. Optimize the integration of application equipment, specifically bell atomizers and fluid delivery equipment of projects (e.g. optimize color change, ensure proper settings per system verification manual, etc.)11. Ensure equipment is installed and configured optimally during modular builds and fiels installation.12. Provide training to Engineers and Customers on application equipment and process.13. Provide project support to verify and ensure that application equipment is performing as inspected.14. Provide recommendations for application equipment improvements to enhance performance and reduce cost or for updates to the system verification manuals and troubleshooting methods.15. Ability to record and interpret paint quality data such as film builds, defects, and color/quality. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE1. Process knowledgable and experience in fluid delivery system, rotary atomizer (bells) and spray gun applications.2. Experienced in paint robot programming with Robots.3. Experience with PaintPRO and/or other offline programming software.4. Experience in launching robot systems at customer facilities.5. Problem solving, identity causes and offer other potential solutions.6. Must be organized and able to manage multiple task at one time.7. Strong Interpersonal skills with emphasis on satisfying the Customer.8. Must possess good oral and written communication skills.9. Solid PC skills. EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION1. Bachelor or Masters Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred.2. Paint/Sealer process experience with FANUC Robotics paint robots prefered but not required.3. Experience with paint and powder application & equipment a plus.
GLOBAL Automation Technologies is an Industrial Automation company dedicated to solving automation problems and improving customer productivity. We provide services for a wide range of industries and applications. We help companies save money with automation by reviewing current automation process that may have potentially hidden cost savings if altered or modified.
GLOBAL Automation Technologies is a company that cares about its employees. Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
1. Medical Coverage : We offer coverage for preventative care services, doctor visits, surgery and hospital care. There is prescription drug coverage. GLOBAL currently pays 100% of the monthly premiums.
2. Dental Coverage : We offer dental coverage to help employees and their families pay for dental care services. GLOBAL currently pays 100% of the monthly premiums.
3. Retirement benefits : We help employees plan for their future by offering a 401(k) retirement benefit program to supplement social security benefits and personal savings. Employees may defer up to 96% of their gross pay with limits set by the IRS.
4. Flexible Spending Accounts: We help employees to set aside money, on a pre-tax basis, for certain health care and dependent care expenses.
5. Tuition Reimbursement: We help employees upgrade their professional qualifications through a tuition reimbursement plan – for programs that are inline with their job functions. The maximum benefit is $5,250 per year as allowed by the IRS.
6. Paid Time Off : Paid Time Off (PTO) is at 2-weeks per year.
7. Holidays : For all employees, we provide paid time off for 7 standard holidays (New Years Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day).
8. Employee Incentive Plan : A high-performance culture is critical to our future. We want our employees to be actively engaged in seeking customer-focused solutions to grow the business and boost economic profit. Employee efforts, creativity, and commitment are recognized as key to the company’s continued growth and success. In recognition of this contribution, we may award annual performance-based incentives and/or other individual forms of recognition.
9. Service Rewards : In addition to the many award programs through which you may be recognized, you will be formally acknowledged every five years with a special gift that signifies your ongoing service and dedication.
10. The company does provide mobile phone allowance, company issued credit cards for its employees and laptops on an as-needed basis.