Website American Heritage College
Reach a new Educational Level
Connecting those who proudly served, with those who will proudly hire to increase their profit margins…
Requisition Number: 6274-0021
Job Title: Faculty
Reports To: School Director/Director of Education
Summary: Responsible for the overall supervision of student learning (classroom, lab instruction. The Instructor is responsible for ensuring that students learn by gauging the effectiveness of instructional methods and materials as outlined in the course syllabus, directing the efforts of other staff, maintaining records, and interacting effectively with school management to bring the necessary resources to the learning environment. Responsible for coordinating, organizing, administering and reviewing student activities and performance through classroom instruction, skills laboratory and externship if applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations, using sound
teaching and learning principles in conjunction with appropriate aids and other resources.
3. Participates in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials.
4. Participates in Student Orientation Program.
5.Perform activities not related to classroom instruction such as evaluates attendance and academic performance of students and submits such records to School Director, or appropriate staff.
6. Supervises students in the classroom.
7. Participates in continual counseling and guidance of students.
8. Meets or communicates with designated clinical site personnel to discuss student progress, explore new learning situations, problem solving, and reinforce the students’ education.
9. Exhibits appropriate behavior to create, support and maintain harmonious working relationship with students and personnel.
10. Implements and supports School and Programs Policies.
11. Attends and participates actively in faculty/ staff meetings.
12. Participates in curriculum and program reviews.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
13. Teach student the curriculum for the specific program.
14. Ensure that students assimilate class instruction, reinforce students’ self-esteem and good work habits.
15. Entertains questions from students regarding school’s mission and goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have knowledge of techniques used in instruction, program planning, and evaluation and testing, and student counseling and proficient in computer and associated technologies.
Education and/or Experience:
Education: Graduate of the course to teach and/or related field
Experience: Three years performing professional work in the field , including or supplemented by two years in an administrative position or experience in teaching.