Participants are provided with assistance with union initiation dues and essential tools for their respective trade
- Normal class hours are 7:30 am -3:00 pm; Monday – Friday
- Hands-on portions of the course will take place at CEI facility on Saturdays
- Transportation will be provided on Saturdays only.
COMMUNITY SERVICE SOLUTION PARTNERS (CSSP)
Besides the C3PA curriculum and certificates, students will also receive federally approved, nationally accredited Department of Labor OSHA Certificates and industry-specific training necessary to work in the CUES industries such as but not limited to: Refinery Safety Orientation, Safety Attendant Training for Hole Watch, Bottle Watch and Fire Watch. This enables the participants to be “cross-trained” and prepared for career pathways not only in the construction sector, but also for the utilities (ie -water municipalities), energy (ie -petrochemical oil refineries), and safety.
Participants will be given job placement assistance for Union positions on local construction projects including but not limited to: the Metro Regional Connector and Purple Line Extension; the Inglewood Stadium; the Lucas Museum; the Effluent Outfalls construction project in Carson; as well as Safety positions within the Oil Refineries that are Prevailing Wage positions. All of these union and prevailing wage positions start at the prevailing wage set per trade. These wages are between $14.60 and $22.10/hr for first stage Apprentice depending on the trade. Apprentices also receive benefits such as medical, pension, and vacation pay.
Fire 7 Tablet, 7″ display, 32 GB – Educational Tool included.
Fire 7 Tablet, 7″ display, 32 GB
- 7″ IPS display; 16 or 32 GB of internal storage (add up to 512 GB with microSD)
- Faster 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Up to 7 hours of reading, browsing the web, watching video, and listening to music
- Hands-free with Alexa, including on/off toggle
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2 MP front and rear-facing cameras with 720p HD video recording
- Dual-band Wi-Fi